1. Aquatic chemistry and its application to the analysis and solution of specific chemical problems in aqueous solutions.
2. Better understanding and application of membrane technology to water or wastewater treatment
- Characterization of membranes using various analytical tools and nanoscale investigation of membrane surface
- Synthesis and modification of membranes to improve performance and chemical/physical properties
- Development of membrane degradation mechanism due to chlorination and bromination
- Control of membrane fouling to reduce the maintenance/operational costs
- Removal of emerging contaminants (perfluorinated compounds and pharmaceutical compounds) using membrane and membrane- photocatlytic oxidation hybrid system.
3. Development of innovative technologies for the treatment of contaminated water
4. Investigation and application of freezing desalination and hydrate-induced ice desalination